Target is one of the largest retail companies in the United States, known by consumers as a convenient one-stop place for everything you need at affordable prices. In fact, the “Target Effect” has been coined to describe how shopping at Target will always leave you with a full cart by checkout, even if you intended to buy only a single thing.
You can gift the experience of shopping at Target through gift cards. You can always use Target Giftcards to purchase any item in Target or Target.com in place of cash.
It comes in three different types based on how it is delivered to its user: Physical Target GiftCards (bought in-store or mailed to the recipient), Mobile Target GiftCards (sent via mobile), and Target eGiftCards (sent via email).
It’s the perfect gift for your loved ones who are loyal Target customers!
Where You Can Buy Target Gift Cards
A Target GiftCard can hold a minimum and maximum amount of $5 and $500, respectively. It is available in the following denominations:
- Physical Target Gift Cards purchased on-site: Any amount between $5 – $500
- Target Gift Cards purchased on Target.com or Target app: $10, $20, $25, $50, $75, $100 & $200, or a custom amount between $5 – $500.
You can buy a Target gift card in the Target store of your choice, Target.com, the Target mobile application, and authorized retailers.
Only Physical Target Gift Cards may be bought in-store, including authorized retailers. You can buy the three types of gift cards through Target.com and your Target app.
List of Authorized Retailers:
- Safeway grocery stores
- CVS Pharmacy
- Rite Aid pharmacies.
The cards available may vary per location or distribution partner but may consist of $25, $50, $100, open denomination cards ($15–$500), or multipacks.
You can also purchase a Specialty gift card from Target. These are the categories available online:
- Visa, Mastercard & American Express
- Food, Beverage & Restaurants
- Movies & Entertainment
- Specialty & Lifestyle
- Digital Entertainment
Only the first type can be used across multiple establishments like a typical debit or credit card. The rest can only be used with specific brands like Apple, Netflix, Southwest Airlines, and so much more!
The difference between Target Egift Card and Target REDcard
A Target eGiftCard is an electronic gift card that can only be used in Target stores or Target’s website. It is sent via email while the Physical gift card is bought in-store or sent via mail, and the Mobile gift card is sent via mobile. If you want to send it to a loved one, you should enter his/her email address before you check out on the website or your Target app.
A Target REDcard is not a gift card by any means. It is a store card available as a debit or credit card, which you can only use in Target stores or Target’s website.
What’s great about it is that you get a 5% discount on nearly all your purchases in-store or Target.com and free two-day shipping on eligible orders. You also won’t pay an annual fee and receive exclusive offers year-round.
How to Check the Balance of Your Target Gift Card
You have three different options to choose from to check the balance of your Target gift card. The important gift card information can be found at the back of your gift card: the 15 digit card number and the access number.
You can check your balance online through Target.com.
If you have a Target account, follow these steps:
- Log into your Target account.
- Go to your Account/Name.
- Select Gift cards.
- Review your gift card’s balance.
If you don’t have a Target account or don’t want to log in, you can also check your balance through a different method.
- Go to the home page of Target’s website.
- Select Gift Cards, which you can find in the second row on top of the home page.
- Scroll below and click Check your balance under the Target GiftCards Help.
- Enter your 15 digit gift card number and the Access Number. Gently scratch the silver strip at the back of the card for these numbers.
You may also check the balance of your gift card through your phone.
- Call 1-800-544-2943 and follow the prompts.
- Dial your 15 digit gift card number, located in the back of the card, when directed to do so.
- Dial your access number when prompted to do so.
- Listen to the balance of your gift card.
Lastly, you can check the balance of your Target gift card in-store.
- Go to Target’s Store Finder and input your zip code or City and State.
- Visit the Target store of your choice.
- Ask a cashier to check your gift card balance.
Some Tips and Tricks
Save when you shop
Save even more by downloading the Target app (available in iOS and Android) to get exclusive savings through weekly ads and Cartwheel offers.
Save 5% with REDcard
If you’re a frequent Target shopper, getting a REDcard, which offers 5% on most purchases, can save you hundreds or even thousands of dollars each year.
If you need a product urgently but don’t have the time or energy to step out of the house, Target has your back. You can buy and receive your items within the day through its same-day delivery option.
Other Things You Need to Know
- What is the maximum number of gift cards I can use on Target.com?
You can use up to 10 gift cards or eGift cards at checkout.
- Can I reload my Target GiftCard?
Yes, but only in-store. Specialty gift cards cannot be reloaded.
- Can I get a replacement for my lost or damaged gift card?
You can request a replacement for a lost or damaged gift card by calling the GiftCard Team at 1-800-544-2943. You need to produce the original receipt.
Where Can You Buy the Best Gift Card?
Visit the following websites to find the best gift cards and deals!
If you want more bang for your buck, buying at Target is one of your best options. You can let someone in your life experience the Target Effect by getting them a gift card on any occasion!
Love reading tips and tricks about gift cards? Mint Chip is dedicated to keeping you updated on the latest shopping trends while giving you ideas on how to keep your finances healthy. Subscribe to our newsletter now!